New York is the undisputed home of the US music scene.
With it's can-do non-stop nature, and fiercely independent people, an internship in New York is a unique experience.
New York is the unofficial capital city of the US, the cultural and commercial hub, and home to an almost unlimited amount of cultural and musical references recognised the world over. Take in Radio City, Carnegie Hall, MOMA, 5th Avenue, jaw-dropping architecture, and a dynamic and lively club and festival scene.
MII internship programs run monthly in New York, with demand being consistently strong all year round.
Music Industry Internships – Life Changing Experiences
New Yorkers are characterised as being no-nonsense, passionate, and direct. With a strong focus on being trendsetters, and a large young and cosmopolitan population, New York is the city that never sleeps.
A western powerhouse both commercially and culturally, the US borders Canada to the north, and Mexico to the south, all of which can be reached within a few hours via local carriers.
Ambitious, proud, and culturally unique, the US is a great host country.
Hot summers and cold winters
Areas of Note:
Manhattan, Brooklyn, Williamsburg, Harlem
Accommodation in New York is expensive, and demand is always high due to it's popularity.
Despite offering a broad range of options that includes private rented flat-shares, city centre hostels, and a variety of different classes of hotels, demand is high all year round, and places fill fast.
Our team have relationships with a number of local providers and can advise on the most suitable options for your chosen program schedule, obtaining quotes and placing bookings on your behalf.
Typical costs per week in USD
Flatshare - Private room:
$ 170.00 - $ 220.001
Air b'n'b – Private room:
$ 180.00 - $ 300.002
Budget to Luxury Hotel:
$ 190.00 - $ 3,000.003
City centre hostel:
$ 200.00 - $ 340.004
1. Not available for internships of less than 24 weeks.
2. Payment is typically due in advance.
3. No deposit is typically required.
4. A deposit is typically required.
Demand for English courses among interns is low.
Our team has relationships with a number of the best language schools across the country, and can provide advice, quotes and book courses on your behalf.
Typical course costs per week in USD
|1-week intensive course:
||$130.00 - $300.00
|2-week intensive course:
||$160.00 - $400.00
|4 week evening course:
||$150.00 - $300.00
|6 week evening course:
||$180.00 - $400.00
|Weekend study (4 weeks):
||$120.00 - $240.00
|Weekend study (8 weeks):
||$170.00 - $400.00
Having an airport transfer arranged and waiting for you upon your arrival provides peace of mind, and convenience.
From limos and taxis, to rail and coach transfers we have relationships with reputable local providers who will meet you as you arrive and deliver you to your accommodation safely and quickly.
Our team is happy to assist with providing quotes and making bookings on your behalf as required
Travel insurance is not compulsory for interns, however it is highly recommended that some level of cover is taken out to protect against unforeseen accidents, and/or loss of property
For interns not covered by their own policy, we can introduce you to a number of reputable providers, provide advice about the various levels of cover available, and secure cover before your program begins.
Music Industry Internships – Life Changing Experiences
2017 / 2018 Program Start Dates
- November 6th 2017
- December 4th 2017
- January 8th 2018
- February 5th 2018
- March 7th 2018
- April 2nd 2018
- May 7th 2018
- June 4th or 18th 2018
- July 2nd or 23rd 2018
- August 6th 2018
- September 3rd 2018
- November 5th 2018
- December 3rd 2018
- A professional internship
- The program includes a guaranteed internship within a dynamic business that operates within the music industry for the period requested.
- Pre-departure Q&A session
- The program includes a pre-departure Q&A session with your Program Manager, who will answer any questions that you have about your internship, host business or destination, and ensure that you have prepared everything necessary to get the most out of your trip.
- Post-arrival orientation session with local coordinator
- The program includes a post-arrival orientation session with your local coordinator who will answer any questions that you have about your chosen program, host business or destination, and provide you with local insight, advice and information to ensure you get the most out of your trip.
- Welcome pack including local map and essential information
- The program includes a welcome pack which includes a local destination map, guides to public transport, local attractions, restaurants, and cultural events. The pack also includes a list of important contact numbers, a short insider’s city guide written by our team, and information about your host company.
- Flight and travel insurance advice
- The program includes access to our Partnerships Team who will answer any questions you might have about securing the most suitable flights to your destination, and sourcing the most appropriate insurance product.
- Accommodation option advice and booking facility
- The program includes access to our Partnerships Team who can advise you on the best local accommodation options available, local prices, and importantly legal matters including tenancy agreements and deposit security (for private rentals). The team can also negotiate and make accommodation bookings on your behalf if necessary.
Why Music Industry Internships?
- We are the only specialist music industry internship provider
- Our data -driven approach is unique
- 99% of our 2016 interns recommend us
- We have access to the best host companies
- Our service is professional and transparent